Doctor of Medicine, Full Professor
+380 (57) 707-54-50
The profession of a doctor is particularly honorable and at the same time it is very challenging both academically and professionally. Yet, it is so rewarding for the doctor to help a sick person and to understand that his/her knowledge and skills are tangibly helpful.
So, congratulations with the right choice of your future profession.
Foreign Language Entrance Exam
Foreign Language Entrance Exam
Training of students is ensured by eleven departments:
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology;
- Department of Human Anatomy;
- Department of Internal Medicine;
- Department of Hygiene and Social Medicine;
- Department of General and Clinical Immunology and Allergology;
- Department of General and Clinical Pathology;
- Department of General Practice-Family Medicine;
- Department of Pediatrics;
- Department of Psychiatry, Narcology, Neurology and Medical Psychology;
- Department of Surgical Diseases;
- Department of Surgical Diseases, Operative Surgery and Topographic Anatomy.
Scientific research and training of specialists are provided by 39 doctors of sciences, full professors, 150 PhDs, associate professors.
The scientific groups of the School are headed by the leading scientists:
- Ihor Belozorov — Doctor of Medicine, Full Professor;
- Olha Hryshchenko — Doctor of Medicine, Full Professor, Full Member of the Ukrainian Technological Academy;
- Heorhii Danylenko — Doctor of Medicine, Full Professor;
- Mykola Koreniev — Doctor of Medicine, Full Professor, Merited Science and Technology Worker of Ukraine;
- Yevhen Nikolenko — Doctor of Medicine, Full Professor, Academician of the Ukrainian Ecological Academy of Sciences;
- Volodymyr Ponomarov — Doctor of Medicine, Full Professor;
- Mykola Popov — Doctor of Medicine, Full Professor;
- Olena Protsenko — PhD in Medicine, Associate Professor;
- Yevhen Hvorostov — Doctor of Medicine, Full Professor, Merited Doctor of Ukraine;
- Serhii Sherstiuk — Doctor of Medicine, Full Professor;
- Mykola Yabluchanskii — Doctor of Medicine, Full Professor.
In the educational process, the School equally uses its own potential represented by all the University schools and research institutes, and the resources of scientific and medical institutions of the city.
The School’s research focuses on the most recent challenges of theoretical and clinical medicine. Every year, the School organizes at least two international scientific conferences on various medical issues. The School of Medicine has signed numerous agreements on scientific cooperation, exchange of experience and student internships with the leading research and medical institutions of Ukraine, Great Britain, the USA, Spain, Italy, Australia, South Africa, Japan, Sweden, and other countries. The School publishes two professional scientific journals included in the international scientometric databases (Index Copernicus International and Russian Science Citation Index).
The School trains specialists in medicine with the qualification Doctor. After an internship, they all are entitled to work in the institutions of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and to hold positions in all medical specialities, except for dentistry and hygiene.
The high level of theoretical knowledge and practical training in fundamental and natural disciplines enables the School’s graduates to successfully combine medical activities with scientific research.
- Research Institute of Children and Adolescents Health Care,
- I. I. Mechnikov Institute of Microbiology and Immunology of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine,
- V. T. Zaitsev Institute of General and Emergency Surgery of the NAMS of Ukraine,
- Institute of Neurology, Psychiatry, and Narcology of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine,
- Road Clinical Hospital of Kharkiv Station,
- Medical-healthcare establishment «Ukrzaliznytsia Central Clinical Hospital»,
- Kharkiv Regional Infectious Diseases Hospital,
- Kharkiv City Perinatal Center,
- Academician V. I. Gryshchenko Clinic for Reproductive Medicine.
The School maintains contacts with researchers and lecturers of leading scientific and medical institutions of Ukraine, Great Britain, the USA, Spain, Italy, Australia, South Africa, Japan, Sweden, etc.